Through fund raising, Lambda Foundation arranges and facilitates endowed university scholarships for outstanding student research on the issues and concerns of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) peoples. Thanks to the generosity of Jack Hallam, we also have two human rights awards at Gulf Islands Secondary School on Salt Spring Island, BC in recognition of youth leadership in anti-bullying campaigns and other initiatives. Lambda Foundation sponsors each scholarship and award according to specific fund management agreements with our partnering educational institutions.
Award winning Lambda research covers many fields and topics. Recent recipients have been doing outstanding work on, for example:
- The health effects of domestic abuse between same sex partners
- Gay male life as reflected in the literature of 19th century France
- Lesbian parenthood through assisted procreation in Quebec
- Trans peoples’ encounters with airport and border crossing security
- The nature of sexual motivation in bisexual women